In cold locations, there is no guarantee that using insulation will prevent frozen pipes. For residential applications, a pipe freeze protection system can prevent freezing of water pipes.
Pipe Freeze Protection Heat Trace System
Pentair Thermal Management uses electric heat trace cables for preventing frozen pipes. Our pipe freeze protection options include attaching a Raychem heat trace cable to the exterior of a pipe, or installing WinterGard in-pipe cable system on the inside of a pipe.
Preventing frozen pipes by heat tracing the exterior of a pipe:
For above ground pipes where the heat trace cable should be attached to the exterior of the pipe, we offer the following options:
- Frostex heat trace cable is a cut-to-length self-regulating cable for small residential water pipes up to 50 feet long.
- Raychem Gardian heat trace cables are pre-terminated self-regulating heating cables ideally suited for pipes up to 100 feet long or for small roof and gutter deicing applications (120-V only).
- Raychem Gardian 120-V heat trace are available in 6, 12, 18, 24, 50, 75, and 100 foot lengths, and come assembled with a 30-inch power cord and plug.
- Raychem Gardian 240-V heat trace cables are available in 6, 12, 18, and 24 foot lengths, and come assembled with a 30-inch power cord for terminating in a junction box.
The Raychem WinterGard system is a more economical solution for both metal and plastic pipes.
- It is intended for less critical applications that require lower maximum circuit lengths, or lower power output
- It includes a variety of heat trace cables and connection kits and a basic controller without monitoring or alarm capabilities
- It is covered by a 2-year warranty
- It is approved for aboveground water supply pipe freeze protection
|Brand||Max Circuit Length (ft)||Heating Cable Output (W/ft)||Outer Jacket||Connection Kits||Pipe Sizes||Limited Warranty||Rated|
|Raychem WinterGard||250||3||Braid Only||H900, H908||Up to 2||2 Years||120 V|
|Raychem WinterGard Plus||400||6||Braid Only||H900, H908||Up to 6"||2 Years||120 V, 208-240 V|
|Raychem WinterGard Wet||400||6||Braid and outer jacket||H900, H908||Up to 6"||2 Years||120 V, 208-240 V|
Preventing frozen pipes by heat tracing the inside of a pipe:
For buried pipes or applications where it is more convenient to heat the pipe from the inside, we offer three different WinterGard in-pipe heat trace cables.